Maintaining Atlas Quartz is easy.
- Atlas Quartz’s durable surface is designed to withstand everyday use. While it is resistant to scratches, and chipping, it is recommended not to cut directly on the quartz surface. Always using cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure long-lasting beauty.
- Even though Atlas is stain-resistant, there are some stains that may be more difficult to remove than others. For tougher stains, the use of mild, non-abrasive cleansers can be a good solution to restoring your surface’s original appearance.
– For more stubborn/dried spills, a non-abrasive scrub pad, like a Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scour Pad can be used. Afterwards just rinse thoroughly and wipe with a damp cloth to remove any residue.
- It is advised to avoid any contact with harsh chemicals or solvents. Chiefly those containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. These substances can be found in car batteries, nail polish remover, furniture strippers, silver polish, oven cleaners, as well as many household products containing bleach. These substances have been known to cause permanent discoloration and surface damage. If, any of these substances do happen to come in to contact with the surface, wipe right away, then rinse with water, and finish off with a vinegar-based cleaner.
- Do not use any abrasive and/or alkaline cleaning products, like green 3M Scotch Brite pads or comparable products, as they can create dull the surface. When trying a new cleaning product, we suggest that you try the cleaner first on an inconspicuous area to ensure that it will not damage/discolor the surface.
- Excessive or prolonged heat can damage your Atlas surface. It is important to always use a trivet, or potholders between the countertop and any hot pan or heat source.
Here are some recommended bleach-free, non-abrasive commercial cleaners for the routine care and maintenance of your Atlas Quartz surface:
– Simple Green® lime-scale remover
– Vinegar cleaner (diluted)
– Bar Keeper’s Friend®
– Formula 409® Glass and Surface Cleaner
– Greased Lightning®
– Denatured Alcohol
– Mild Soap and Water
Darker colors will show dirt, dust, rubs, fingerprints and watermarks easier than lighter-colored surfaces. Because of this, these colors will require more maintenance and upkeep to maintain their appearance.